WISE: System Leaders
Next IntakeNot scheduled
Duration6 - 8 months
FeesDET Fully Subsidised
The WISE: System Leaders program provides professional learning, development and support for system leaders to facilitate networks, collaborate with other schools and improve student outcomes across Victoria.
The program aims to create a consistent focus on collaborative effort for improvement in all network schools to meet Education State targets.
Designed for Networks Chairs, Senior Education Improvement Leaders and network executives.
The program runs over 6 to 8 months and includes pre-workshop activities and post-workshop support via your learning community network.
Network chairs need to nominate up to 2 members of their network executive to attend the immersion kick-off day with them as a way to learn about and communicate the key concepts of system leadership to the network.
By participating in this program, you will develop:
- an understanding of system leadership and why it is important
- the ability to conduct professional, evidence-based coaching conversations with school leaders about school and network improvement
- the ability to plan, design, implement and evaluate school and network improvement initiatives intended to improve student outcomes
- the capacity to design strategies for identifying areas for growth and building the capacity of teachers and school leaders
- the ability to work under challenging circumstances in the absence of the usual protocols or positional authority that comes with school leadership.