Transforming Education with Microsoft
AudienceTeacher leaderPrincipal class
FeesDET Fully Subsidised
Learn how to implement a vision for transforming learning with technology.
Educators are adopting digital technologies in their classrooms to innovate the way their students are learning, working together and developing the skills they need to thrive in a society transformed by technology.
Transforming Education with Microsoft explores some commonly faced challenges, considerations requirements and solutions for whole-school digital transformation.
You’ll leave with an understanding of the 4 critical components of the Microsoft Education Transformation Framework (ETF).
The Microsoft EFT is a holistic and effective guide for educators to navigate the complexity of transformation, envision what’s possible and develop a strategy to achieve it.
Visit the Microsoft K-12 Education Transformation Framework webpage for more information.
Transforming Education with Microsoft is delivered in partnership with the Department of Education and Training’s industry partner Microsoft Australia. The seminar is facilitated by Travis Smith, Microsoft Australia’s K-12 Industry Lead.
You may also be interested in Microsoft Australia’s Digital Learning Leaders Institute.
Designed for Victorian Government school educators who are responsible for leading colleagues to integrate technology in the classroom.
We recommend attending with a school team of 2 or more people comprising:
- teacher leaders, such as e-learning and curriculum leaders
- principal class members.
In a 4.5 hour online facilitated sessions you will:
- unpack the pillars of the Microsoft EFT:
- Leadership and Policy
- Teaching and Learning
- Intelligent Environments
- Student and School Success
- explore known challenges, considerations and requirements when deploying the Microsoft EFT
- examine cutting-edge thought leadership and real-world experiences to inform implantation solutions.
When you register for the course you will gain access to the Microsoft Education Centre. It is expected that you will complete 3 pre-work online learning activities before attending the facilitated session. You will need approximately 3 hours to complete the pre-work.
You’ll learn how to:
- use technology to improve equity, inclusion, and digital citizenship practices
- engage others in establishing a vision, strategic plan and ongoing evaluation cycle for transforming learning with technology
- create a culture where teachers and learners are empowered to use technology in innovative ways to enrich teaching and learning
- build teams and systems to implement, sustain and continually improve the use of technology to support learning
- model and promote continuous professional learning for themselves and others.