Learning to Thrive by Going Open
AudienceSystem leaderPrincipal classLeading teacherTeacher
Location603-615 Queensberry Street North Melbourne VIC 3051
ModeFace to face
Join us for a 2-day workshop led by international experts and thought leaders in education, Valerie Hannon and David Price, to learn the tools you need to instigate change in your school. The key questions for exploration during this workshop are:
- How do we best prepare our children for a world driven by automation and artificial intelligence?
- How do we help schools to be centres of people-powered innovation?
- How do we create a new paradigm for education, so that children can thrive – not just survive – loving learning and living well?
The workshop features sharp provocations and practical workshop activities that will give educational leaders the tools they need to instigate change in their organisations. It will provide urgency to your plans, a future focus to your pedagogy, and agency for your students.
By participating in this workshop, you will:
- learn about cutting-edge thinking in teaching, learning and leadership
- create a personalised change program using custom-designed, exclusive materials and resources that will form the basis for action when they return to their organisations
- gain exclusive access to a workbook of learning modules to share with colleagues who were unable to attend.
Additionally, you can hear more from Valerie Hannon in March when she delivers the 2020 Australian Learning Lecture (ALL) The Future School. The event will be followed by a one-day masterclass. Find out more information on the ALL website.
Valerie Hannon is a global thought leader, inspiring systems to re-think what ‘success’ will mean in the C21st, and the implications for education. The co-founder of both Innovation Unit (UK and Australia/NZ) and of the Global Education Leaders Partnership, Valerie is a radical voice for change, whilst grounded in a deep understanding of how education systems currently work.
Formerly a secondary teacher, researcher and Director of Education for Derbyshire County Council, then an adviser in the UK Department for Education (DfE) during the Blair years, she now works independently to support change programs across the world.
Currently, she is also Senior Adviser to the OECD in its Education 2030 project. Valerie is a regular keynote speaker and facilitator at international conferences and workshops.
David Price, OBE
David Price, OBE, is an expert in organisational learning for a complex future. He is co-founder of We Do Things Differently, a UK culture consultancy.
He writes, talks, trains and advises, around the world, on some of the biggest challenges facing business, education and society: solving the problems of employee, student and civic disengagement; maximising our potential to be creative, innovative and fulfilled citizens, and understanding the global shift towards open organisations, and systems of learning.
He advises major corporations, governments and thousands of businesses, schools and colleges on how to create people-powered cultures of learning and ingenuity.