Next IntakeNot scheduled
FeesDET Fully Subsidised
Learn how to design, deliver and assess research-informed pedagogical practice and create effective learning environments to improve student outcomes.
This elective builds your confidence, knowledge and skills in best-practice teaching by providing you with current theoretical frameworks and practical tools and techniques for examining your own practice and the practice of others.
This is one of 6 electives in our learning specialist suite designed to support newly appointed learning specialists to excel in their role.
Designed for learning specialists.
Over 4 months, you are expected to engage in and contribute to:
- 2 workshop days
- in-school investigations, evidence gathering and context analysis
- ongoing professional discussions and learning with your colleagues and leaders
- online learning including discussions, collaboration and sharing of resources with members of your learning community.
By participating in this elective, you will develop an understanding of:
- content and pedagogical expertise in literacy and numeracy
- how to demonstrate, identify and articulate knowledge and expertise in teaching and learning
- how to demonstrate, identify and articulate expertise in curriculum design and delivery
- how to demonstrate identify and articulate a flexible repertoire of classroom and behaviour management strategies to support effective teaching and learning, engagement and student wellbeing.
Fully subsidised for appointed learning specialists in Victorian government schools.
03 8199 2933