Teach To Lead
Next IntakeNot scheduled
Fees$1500 (excl. GST)
Teach To Lead accelerates the development of emerging leaders within schools serving low socioeconomic communities, to improve student and school outcomes.
The program aims to build fundamental skills, including strategic planning, coaching others, leading challenging conversations and building effective teams. It supports teachers to influence and effect real change in schools that need the strongest leaders.
Designed for teachers with formal leadership roles who:
- work in a school serving a low socioeconomic community (a school with an ICSEA of less than 1000)
- hold a leadership role or position of responsibility with a clear ability to affect student outcomes beyond their own classrooms (e.g. leading teacher, leader of a professional learning team, head of science)
- have the support of their principal or assistant principal. A senior leader at your school will be asked to complete an endorsement as part of the application process.
Teach To Lead is delivered by Teach For Australia. For further information see the Teach To Lead website.
Over 12 months, you are expected to actively engage in and contribute to:
- 9 face-to-face workshop days
- regular one-on-one leadership coaching sessions
- an Impact Initiative tracking outcomes that monitor the impact of leadership practices on teams and students
- the learning cohort and creating an ongoing peer network.
By participating in this program, you will learn how to:
- build a high-performing team, working towards a shared vision
- lead sustainable change
- communicate expectations and hold colleagues to account
- observe teachers and deliver quality feedback, to support practice improvement
- develop a strategic plan
- use data to drive goal-setting, planning and action
- coach individuals to develop
- design and deliver high-impact professional development for teachers
- lead challenging conversations
- boost self-awareness
- build personal resilience.
All learning outcomes are designed to be applied on-the-job immediately.
Course fee: $1500 (excl. GST) plus up to 4 days of funding for Casual Relief Teacher's for Victorian Government school participants.
Wherever possible, face-to-face learning sessions are held during school holidays or on Saturdays, to keep release time to a minimum.
Acceptance into Teach To Lead is dependent on a selection process.
The process has 2 stages:
- online application: applicants are required to submit their CV and answer three short response questions.
- selection event: if you are successful at the application stage, you will be invited to a selection event. The selection event will involve several assessment activities, including one-on-one interviews and a role play scenario. If you’re successful, you will then be offered a place in the Teach To Lead program.
For more information see How to apply.