AudiencePrincipal classBusiness manager
ModeFace to face
FeesDET Fully Subsidised
Understanding effective safety management with the school environment.
Safety Management will teach you what it takes to create a safe school environment that promotes both the physical and mental wellbeing of your school community.
Gain the knowledge you need to navigate your safety responsibilities and ensure compliance with Department policies and procedures.
Safety Management supports the 'Professional leadership' priority area of the Victorian Education State Framework for Improving Student Outcomes (FISO).
Safety Management is Module 8 in the Strategic Management for School Leaders suite, which supports the Department of Education and Training's commitment to lifting the organisational performance of schools.
Designed for principal class members and business managers.
This workshop is designed and delivered by the Employee Safety and Wellbeing Division.
Over 1 day, you will:
- hear from experts about key safety management issues and risks
- unpack Department policies and procedures
- analyse case studies and undertake group activities to build your knowledge of safety management.
You'll learn about:
- occupational health and safety (OHS) roles and responsibilities
- navigating the OHS management system
- positive school climate and the benefits to the school environment
- mental wellbeing
- developing a positive wellbeing environment
- dealing with identified mental health issues
- risk assessment methodology and group activities
- WorkSafe and health and safety representatives
- where to find assistance.
Senior OHS Policy Advisor, Course Coordinator