AudiencePrincipal classBusiness manager
FeesDET Fully Subsidised
Understand the role risk management plays in driving strategic performance.
Risk Management is designed to further your ability to navigate through the strategic challenges of managing risks in your school and helps to identify and mitigate issues that challenge the achievement of its objectives.
Workshops are designed to establish risk management knowledge and skills and provide you with confidence and a practical appreciation of how it applies to your role.
Risk Management supports the 'Professional leadership' priority area of the Victorian Education State Framework for Improving Student Outcomes (FISO).
Risk Management is Module 2 in the Strategic Management for School Leaders suite, which supports the Department of Education and Training's (Department) commitment to lifting the organisational performance of schools.
Designed for principal class members and business managers.
This workshop is designed and delivered by the Planning, Risk and Governance Branch, within the Portfolio Strategy and Planning Division.
Over 2.5 hours, you'll:
- participate in a group discussion and activities to unpack risks as they relate to school environments
- access a range of resources including case studies and presentations.
You will receive a certificate of attendance at the completion of either workshop.
Prior to the workshop, you will need to collate the following documentation to bring to the workshop:
- School Strategic Plan
- Annual Implementation Plan.
You will also need to complete an online learning module. This will take you approximately 30 minutes to complete.
You'll gain the knowledge and understanding of:
- the types of risks present in a school environment and how to identify them
- the definition of risk and its components
- challenges and critical risk mitigation success factors
- Department frameworks and tools that are relevant to risk management.
You'll gain the skills to:
- foster a risk aware culture focused on effective risk management
- use Department tools and resources to manage and mitigate risk in your school
- make evidence-informed decisions about risk management
- implement and improve governance and risk management processes.
Bella Di Lullo
03 9084 8582