Reduce Change to Increase Improvement
AudiencePrincipal classLeading teacherLearning specialist
Next Intake23 July
FeesDET fully subsidised
Based on Distinguished Professor Viviane Robinson’s acclaimed research into educational improvement, this course shows you how to apply an engagement approach –rather than the more common bypass approach – to address plateaus in student achievement.
Through practical implementation, you will learn how to develop and embed the engagement mindset, processes and behaviours that enable effective change leaders to successfully drive reform.
Delivered as a series of masterclasses, this innovative course aims to increase the likelihood that your efforts in leading change will generate the intended impact.
Over 10 weeks, you are expected to engage in and contribute to:
- 4 online masterclasses
- self-directed learning and activities applied in context.
By participating in this course, you will:
- identify a change initiative and current processes
- explore the distinction between concepts of change and improvement
- explore how to evaluate and monitor an improvement strategy
- have a greater understanding of the difference between the bypass and engage approaches to leading improvement
- increase your skills in inquiring into others’ theories of action
- gain insight into the effectiveness of your current leadership of improvement.
This is a pilot course and is fully subsidised for Government school participants.
To be eligible, participants must have completed Bastow's Open-to-Learning™ Leadership course.
Senior Project Officer
03 8199 2975