Are you looking to take the next step in your career? Do you want a cost- and time-effective way to stand out from the competition?
As a current or past participant of Bastow professional learning, you may be eligible for credits or credentials towards postgraduate qualifications.
Our partner universities recognise the skills, knowledge and experience gained through a range of Bastow professional learning, with:
- free credits towards master’s degrees
- discounted rates for Professional Practice credentials.
Charles Sturt University
Charles Sturt University offers free subject credits towards its Master of Education and Master of International Education degrees for participants of the following Bastow programs:
- Building Global Citizenship
- Create: Middle Leaders
- Evolve: New Principals
- Impact: Emerging Leaders
- Inspire: Local Leaders
- Leading Curriculum and Assessment
- Leading Excellence in Classroom Practice
- Leading Literacy
- Leading Mathematics
- Leading Pedagogy (discontinued in 2018)
- Unlocking Potential: Principal Preparation.
If you have successfully completed one or more of these programs from January 2017 onwards, you can apply for subject credits.
The following table (PDF - 97KB) outlines the subject credits offered for each Bastow program.
Subject credits are awarded on presentation of a Bastow completion certificate.
For more information on Charles Sturt University’s master’s degrees, see:
- Master of Education (generic and with specialisations)
- Master of International Education (School Leadership).
Deakin University offers discounted rates for a range of Professional Practice credentials for participants of the following Bastow programs:
Professional Practice credentials can be used as a formal recognition of your skills and knowledge.
Deakin University worked with Bastow to develop the following 2 clusters of credentials, customised for Bastow’s Impact and Create participants:
- Leading with influence cluster
- Leading and Developing People
- Driving Strategic Results
- Leadership cluster
- Leading and Developing People
- Empowering Others
- Adaptive Mindsets
- Driving Strategic Results.
You can choose to undertake credentials individually or in one of these clusters of four at a Master’s level or pre-Master’s level, depending on your skills and experience.
The discounted prices for Impact and Create participants are:
- 1 credential – $385 (incl. GST)
- 2 credentials – $770 (incl. GST)
- 3 credentials – $1,155 (incl. GST)
- 4 credentials (cluster) special price – $1,045 (incl. GST).
Additionally, these credentials can be used as credits towards a Graduate Certificate of Leadership or a Master of Leadership degree at Deakin University.
For guidance on creating your submission, including the information required to demonstrate specific criteria, see Deakin University – Credential submission template (DOC - 57KB).
To apply for credentials, visit Deakin University – Credential(s) registration request form.
For more information on applying for a Graduate Certificate of Leadership, see Deakin University – Graduate Certificate of Leadership.
For more information on applying for a Master of Leadership, see Deakin University – Master of Leadership.
University of Melbourne
By participating in Building Global Citizenship, you have the opportunity to complete an assessment task that will contribute 12.5 credits towards a Master of Education from the Melbourne Graduate School of Education. Costs may apply.