AudiencePrincipal classBusiness manager
Next IntakeNot scheduled
ModeFace to face
FeesDET Fully Subsidised
Gain practical skills and knowledge to successfully manage your workforce.
People Power focuses on practical approaches to managing your workforce to develop a culture of high expectations.
Understand how you can support your school’s vision for continuous improvement in student outcomes through effective people management.
You'll leave knowing how to move from vision to accountability using effective feedback processes and decision-making strategies.
People Power supports the 'Professional leadership' priority area of the Victorian Education State Framework for Improving Student Outcomes (FISO).
People Power is Module 7 in the Strategic Management for School Leaders suite, which supports the Department of Education and Training's commitment to lifting the organisational performance of schools.
Designed for principal class members and business managers.
This workshop is designed and delivered by the Principal Support Unit in People Division Executive.
Over 1 day, you will:
- unpack practical solutions that support workforce management
- explore what it takes to develop a culture of high expectations
- examine feedback processes and decision-making strategies.
You’ll gain knowledge and understanding of:
- effective accountability and feedback practices
- the relationship between school values and school culture
- how effective decision making results in good people management
- the dynamic nature of effective decision making practices
- strategic planning, role clarity, accountability, performance and development processes.
You’ll develop the skills to:
- build a clear school vision and improve role clarity
- influence a school culture of high expectation and performance
- manage a range of workforce issues, in particular various leave entitlements.
People Division Executive