AudiencePrincipal classLeading teacherLearning specialist
Next IntakeNot scheduled
ModeFace to face
Learn how to build a culture of open and effective communication.
Based on the work of Distinguished Professor Viviane Robinson, this highly practical course introduces you to the theory of Open-to-Learning™ (OTL™) Leadership, which helps build a strong team culture and an environment of professional and relational trust.
Practising OTL™ conversations strengthens your ability to lead your team in supporting improvement of teaching and learning, and students' social and academic progress.
The 2-day OTL™ workshop is facilitated by experienced principals.
- OTL™ theory
- history and development of OTL™
- examples of OTL™ in action.
- applying OTL™
- practicing real life conversations
- giving and receiving feedback.
During the workshop, you will collaborate to resolve important on-the-job problems using OTL™ conversations to learn how these conversations help you to build relational trust.
By participating in this course, you will learn how to:
- identify the key values and skills of an OTL™ conversation
- identify ways of thinking and talking which help and hinder the use of an OTL™ approach
- develop your skills in holding OTL™ conversations
- practise an OTL™ conversation in which you build trust while addressing an important problem in your area of responsibility.
You will develop the skills to have effective conversations in educational settings that deal constructively with conflict situations, giving and receiving negative feedback, identifying and clarifying issues, and developing positive future action.
Course fee: $395 (incl. GST)
The course fees are significantly subsidised by the Department of Education and Training.
Learning Specialists participating in OTL™ are eligible for full reimbursement of course fees through the Schools Targeted Funding Portal. See Fees and financial support for more information.
03 8199 2955