AudiencePrincipal classTeacher leader
Next IntakeNot scheduled
ModeFace to face
Learn how to build a culture of open and effective communication.
Based on the work of Distinguished Professor Viviane Robinson, Open-to-Learning™ Leadership (OTL™) focuses on how leaders can build relational trust while tackling tough issues associated with the work of educational improvement.
Based on a framework of values and behaviours, OTL™ will support you to have respectful and constructive conversations. You'll leave better equipped to overcome issues that stand in the way of quality teaching and learning.
OTL™ conversations are unique in their ability to progress and integrate tasks and relationship simultaneously. OTL™ will empower you to build more effective patterns of thought and action in your school.
OTL™ supports the 'Positive climate for learning' priority area of the Victorian Education State Framework for Improving Student Outcomes (FISO).
Designed for principal class members and teacher leaders.
OTL™ is facilitated by experienced principals who have undergone an intensive accreditation process.
Learn more about why Victorian educators choose Bastow for their leadership professional learning at Why Bastow?
Face-to-face workshops are delivered over 2 days.
- the theory that underpins OTL™
- the history and development of OTL™
- examples of OTL™ in action.
- applying OTL™
- practising real-life conversations
- giving and receiving feedback.
In Workshop 2, you will collaborate to resolve important on-the-job problems using OTL™ conversations to learn how these conversations help you to build relational trust.
You’ll gain knowledge and understanding of:
- what an OTL™ conversation is
- your leadership style in relation to OTL™ values
- ways of thinking and talking that help and hinder the use of an OTL™ approach
- how to have an OTL™ conversation.
You’ll develop the skills to:
- have effective conversations in educational settings that deal constructively with conflict situations
- give and receive feedback
- identify and clarify issues
- develop and execute action plans to achieve goals.
The course fees are significantly subsidised by the Department of Education and Training.
Co-contribution: $544.50 (incl. GST) for each Victorian government school participant.
See Fees and financial support for more information.