Numeracy Masterclass (Secondary)
Next IntakeMultiple intakes
FeesDET Fully Subsidised
Reflect on the impact of Term 2 and how you adapted your teaching priorities and focus
This 2-hour virtual workshop for secondary numeracy leaders unpacks the importance of a positive disposition for mathematics, for both teachers and students. You will also explore the importance of providing context to enhance students' understanding of the subject.
In the masterclass you will reflect on Term 2: how teaching and learning was adapted throughout this period, and how this changed you as a leader. You will explore the impact this had on student learning and your leadership of colleagues' learning.
The masterclass is facilitated by senior academics from Monash University's Faculty of Education.
The Numeracy Masterclass (Secondary) supports the ‘Instructional and shared leadership’ dimension of the ‘Professional leadership’ priority area of the Victorian Education State Framework for Improving Student Outcomes (FISO).
The Numeracy Masterclass is part of Bastow's Numeracy Suite.
Designed for secondary educators who have a formal or informal role in leading improvement in numeracy and mathematics in their school, including:
- numeracy or mathematics leaders
- curriculum coordinators
- classroom teachers.
In this 2-hour virtual masterclass, you will engage and participate in:
- discussions on teaching remotely, positive and productive dispositions and collaborative analysis
- identified priorities for action back in your school.
The masterclass has structured activities. You will also be supported to identify your own learning about your school context, priorities for building on strengths and opportunities, and ways to address challenges.
You'll gain knowledge and understanding of:
- what it means to have a positive disposition for mathematics learning and teaching
- the importance of providing context when leading learning of mathematics.
You'll enhance your ability to:
- lead the development of teachers in your team and build their confidence and passion for teaching mathematics
- establish collaborative relationships with other leaders to expand professional learning opportunities
- plan and implement professional dialogue within your school that is informed by current research and evidence-based practice to improve mathematics outcomes and dispositions of students.
This masterclass is fully subsidised by the Department of Education and Training for Victorian government school participants.