Numeracy Masterclass (Primary)
Next IntakeMultiple intakes
FeesDET Fully Subsidised
Reflect on the impact of Term 2 and how you adapted your teaching priorities and focus
This 2-hour virtual workshop for primary school numeracy leaders unpacks the importance of reflection when teaching and learning mathematics. You will also explore the importance of adapting and improving your teaching and learning.
In the masterclass you will reflect on Term 2: how the use of technology changed the way mathematics was taught, and leadership approaches for supporting the ongoing use of these technologies when teaching.
The masterclass is facilitated by senior academics from Monash University's Faculty of Education.
The Numeracy Masterclass (Primary) supports the ‘Instructional and shared leadership’ dimension of the ‘Professional leadership’ priority area of the Victorian Education State Framework for Improving Student Outcomes (FISO).
Student-Centred Assessment in Mathematics is part of Bastow's Numeracy Suite.
Designed for primary educators who have a formal or informal role in leading improvement in numeracy and mathematics in their school, including:
- numeracy or mathematics leaders
- curriculum coordinators
- classroom teachers.
In this 2-hour virtual masterclass, you will engage and participate in:
- developing courses of action that lead to improvements in teaching and learning
- consider how the effective use of technology can support teaching and learning
- learning and considering what professional learning, coaching and mentoring may benefit colleagues in the workshop.
The masterclass has structured activities. You will also be supported in an individual reflection, collaborative analysis and in implementing a course of action at your school to lead mathematics learning and teaching during Term 3 and Term 4.
You'll gain knowledge and understanding of:
- processes for leading critical reflection with staff to improve learning and teaching
- identifying technology that supports improved outcomes in learning and teaching mathematics.
You'll enhance your ability to:
- lead the development of teachers in your team and build their confidence and passion for teaching mathematics
- plan and implement professional dialogue within your school that is informed by current research and evidence-based practice to improve mathematics outcomes and dispositions of students.
This masterclass is fully subsidised by the Department of Education and Training for Victorian government school participants.