Literacy Data, Assessment and Practice (Primary)
Next IntakeNot scheduled
Develop deep conceptual content and pedagogical knowledge to improve classroom literacy practice in this online course for literacy leads and teachers.
The course references the latest theory to maximise engagement in digital learning and supports development of a workplace-based project.
This course is also offered to secondary educators, see Literacy Data, Assessment and Practice (Secondary). Both courses are part of our literacy suite.
Designed for teachers in Victorian government primary schools.
Over 9 months, you are expected to engage in and contribute to:
- self-paced micro lessons
- facilitated discussion boards
- 6 virtual workshops
- workplace-based project (with feedback from your facilitator).
By participating in this course, you will develop an understanding of:
- the essential knowledge, skills and dispositions of data literate educators
- how to develop a plan of the systems and processes for the collection, analysis and use of valid and reliable literacy data
- the different purposes of summative and formative data
- the importance of ongoing formative assessment at the classroom level for improving student outcomes.
The course fees are significantly subsidised by the Department of Education and Training.
Co-contribution: $495 (incl. GST) for each Victorian government school participant.
See Fees and financial support for more information.