Leading School Wellbeing
AudiencePrincipal classTeacher leader
FeesDET Fully Subsidised
Learn how to assess and enhance wellbeing at your school and identify an approach that best fits your context.
Leading School Wellbeing aims to equip your school team to run a series of wellbeing sessions to help boost the mental, social, environmental and physical wellbeing of your school community.
Leading School Wellbeing comprises 4 interrelated but stand-alone webinars:
- The Science of Enhancing Wellbeing
- Improving Wellbeing with Thinking Strategies
- Improving Wellbeing with Physical and Environmental Strategies
- Improving Wellbeing with Social Strategies
A workbook is provided as part of each webinar, supporting you with materials to facilitate sessions with relevant stakeholders in your school.
Designed for teams of up to 4 people comprising principals and members of their school leadership team who are motivated to lead a wellbeing initiative. Where possible teams should attend the session as a group.
Designed and facilitated by Ben Palmer, CEO, Genos International.
Leading School Wellbeing is delivered over four 60-minute webinars.
While the webinars are interrelated, each is stand-alone, and you can choose which ones to attend, depending on your specific needs and experiences.
In each of the webinars you will:
- explore the content outlined in the workbooks provided
- undertake activities to build understanding of the learning material
- discuss approaches to implementing learnings within your school
- draw on the perspectives of others around the content and implementation.
Webinar 1: The Science of Enhancing Wellbeing
Thursday 29 April, 4.00 pm - 5.00 pm
During this webinar you will build your understanding of the science of wellbeing and identify areas for improvement.
You’ll learn how to run a quiz designed to help people assess what wellbeing strategies they are currently using and which areas of wellbeing they could enhance.
Webinar 2: Improving Wellbeing with Thinking Strategies
Thursday 6 May, 4.00 pm - 5.00 pm
During this webinar you will build your understanding of different thinking strategies that can be used to enhance wellbeing. Thinking strategies include creating boundaries, using perspective and generating new ideas.
Webinar 3: Improving Wellbeing with Physical and Environmental Strategies
Thursday 20 May, 4.00 pm - 5.00 pm
Wellbeing involves a diverse set of variables that include mental, physical, social and environmental factors.
During this webinar you will build your understanding of different physical and environmental strategies that can be used to enhance wellbeing.
Webinar 4: Improving Wellbeing with Social Strategies
Thursday 27 May, 4.00 pm - 5.00 pm
One of the strongest predictors of our wellbeing and longevity is the quality of our social interactions and close relationships.
During this webinar you will build your understanding of different social strategies that can be used to enhance wellbeing. This includes improving the ways we connect, communicate and interact with others.
Self-directed learning in your own time (approximately 1 hour per webinar) includes reviewing the workbooks and materials to support you to implement learning within your school.
You’ll gain knowledge and understanding of:
- how to improve wellbeing for yourself and others
- how to inspire an audience to take steps toward improving their wellbeing
- thinking, physical and environmental, and social strategies that boost wellbeing.
You’ll develop the skills to:
- run a short series of wellbeing webinars within your school
- develop wellbeing action plans tailored to individual or school needs
- facilitate discussion and participant-led learning around these different strategies.