Leading School Improvement
FeesDET Fully Subsidised
Learn to implement annual and strategic plans that address your students’ and communities’ health, wellbeing and learning outcomes.
This course, designed specifically for principals, supports you to drive improvement consistently through your school.
You will learn how to be strategic, flexible and agile when implementing short-, medium- and long-term changes in line with your School Reform Plan.
Designed for principals.
Developed and delivered by Vic Zbar, a former principal and strategy coach who specialises in whole-school improvement.
Leading School Improvement is delivered online and face to face.
Over 4.5 months, you will engage with and contribute to:
- 2 online workshops (3 hours each)
- 3 blended learning workshops (12 hours)
- 4 individual online coaching sessions (4 hours)
- self-directed learning tasks (10–15 hours)
- optional school improvement thought leadership webinars (1–2 hours each).
Click on the ‘View Dates and Register’ button for workshop dates and times.
You will gain the skills to:
- identify the central role of leadership in school improvement
- diagnose the stage of development of your school
- determine the appropriate strategies to move the school to the next stage of its Annual Implementation Plan (AIP)
- apply processes that engage staff and other stakeholders to engender their trust and support
- increase awareness of your own leadership strengths and weaknesses to develop a personal leadership improvement plan
- forge links between your AIP and broader region and system initiatives.
Fully subsidised by the Department of Education and Training for Victorian government school principals.