Leading Professional Learning
FeesDET Fully Subsidised
Lead the learning of your colleagues by better understanding and utilising classrooms as sites for in-school professional learning. Strengthen your leadership of professional conversations and actively contribute to the formation of safe and trusting learning communities.
Through classroom observation, evidence-informed analysis and professional conversations you will develop your understanding of adult learning principles and creating the conditions necessary to improve teaching and learning.
This is one of 6 electives in our learning specialist suite designed to support newly appointed learning specialists to excel in their role.
Designed for learning specialists.
This elective runs over 4 months and includes pre-investigation activities for all face-to-face workshops and virtual sessions. You will receive further information regarding pre-investigation activities 2 weeks prior to the module start date.
You are expected to engage in and contribute to:
- 2 workshop days
- 2 virtual sessions
- in-school investigations, evidence gathering and context analysis
- ongoing professional discussions and learning with your colleagues and leaders
- online learning including discussions, collaboration and sharing of resources with members of your learning community.
By participating in this elective, you will develop an understanding of:
- best practice in adult professional learning including design and development, facilitation, and evaluation
- how to promote and guide an inquiry-based collaborative learning culture
- effective processes and protocols for observing to learn and feedback
- strategies that support colleagues to engage in rigorous professional conversations to improve student outcomes.
Fully subsidised for appointed learning specialists in Victorian government schools.
03 8199 2928