Leading Professional Learning
FeesDET Fully Subsidised
Lead a professional learning community that inquires into student learning and that works collaboratively to develop practice excellence.
This elective will develop your understanding of adult learning principles and how to create the conditions necessary to improve teaching and learning using data and feedback.
This is one of 6 electives in our learning specialist suite designed to support newly appointed learning specialists to excel in their role.
Designed for learning specialists.
Over 4 months, you are expected to actively engage in and contribute to:
- 2 workshop days
- 2 virtual sessions
- in-school investigations, evidence gathering and context analysis
- ongoing professional discussions and learning with your colleagues and leaders
- online learning including discussions, collaboration and sharing of resources with members of your learning community.
By participating in this elective, you will develop an understanding of:
- best practice in adult professional learning including design and development, implementation and evaluation
- how to develop and lead an inquiry-based collaborative learning culture
- effective processes and protocols for observation and feedback
- strategies that encourage colleagues to seek, analyse and act on feedback to improve student outcomes.
Fully subsidised for appointed learning specialists in Victorian government schools.
03 8199 2928