Leading Numeracy Orientation
FeesDET fully subsidised
Leading Numeracy Orientation will equip principals with the knowledge to lead numeracy improvement in their school. The webinar will explore the range of resources and professional learning opportunities available for numeracy and mathematics leaders ('numeracy leaders').
Principals will deepen their understanding of the role and responsibilities of their numeracy leaders. Examples of effective numeracy leadership will be analysed with a focus on how to support and enable this leadership.
Principals will consider available contextual data and evidence to facilitate a clear pathway to numeracy improvement.
Designed for principal class members. Numeracy/mathematics leaders may also benefit from attending.
A 90-minute webinar hosted by Narissa Leung which will include an opportunity for discussion.
By participating in this webinar, you will develop an understanding of:
- current priorities in numeracy
- the range of professional learning opportunities, resources and tools available to schools
- the role of a numeracy leader
- how to plan for effective numeracy improvement
- how to support your numeracy leader's development.