Leading Collective Renewal
FeesDET Fully Subsidised
Carve out some time and space to decide where you and your team want to go together into the future, and how you want to develop as an organisation.
Leading Collective Renewal is an opportunity for principals and school improvement teams to reflect on the work of 2021, finish well, and set up positive momentum to flourish in 2022.
This workshop is engineered to help you move through crisis and into your own renewal as a leader, team and organisation. It will provide space, time and tools to make decisions and learn from each other.
You will have the opportunity to re-examine things that may be on autopilot in your school, and explore how to move beyond recovery to intentionally seek renewal for your team and organisational culture.
This course is designed for principals.
We encourage you to invite your assistant principals and school improvement teams to register and attend with you.
Developed and delivered by Dr Simon Breakspear.
Adjunct Senior Lecturer at the University of New South Wales (UNSW), founder of Agile School Leadership program and author of Teaching Sprints, Simon is a trusted improvement coach and advisor to schools and system leaders across the globe.
Over 1 day you will:
- explore practical frameworks and tools to help you make progress
- reflect, sense-make and make decisions in the room
- build connections with a statewide community of leaders.
Pre- and post-workshop activities
You will undertake 2 45-minutes sessions that include a short video and a reflection tool.
These can be completed in one of your existing team meetings as a way to review your team’s progress on the work and goals set out in the workshop.
You’ll learn how to:
- navigate from crisis mode to adaptation mode, and on to opportunity mode
- avoid the power of defaults and the natural tendency to snap back into old habits, routines and patterns of practice
- make sense of where your team has been and contemplate new possibilities
- instil a future orientation and engage in long-term thinking about where you want to go as a learning community
- lead your organisation through a process of systematic learning, sense-making and direction setting
- fortify new collaborative cultures and spark collective creativity and hope.
Fully subsidised by the Department of Education and Training for Victorian government school participants.