Leadership for Business Managers
AudienceEducational support staffEarly childhood professional
Next IntakeNot scheduled
Duration2 days plus a webinar
Fees$730 (incl. GST)
Develop your leadership capabilities to improve the efficiency, effectiveness and integrity of your school’s educational support team.
This course is structured around four key topics: leading change, leading people, leading ethically and managing school resources.
This course differs from the Certificate IV in Business offered to school business managers by the Department and delivered by TAFE.
The Certificate IV focuses on developing technical capabilities aligned to the Business Manager Capability Framework including facilitating school improvement, managing change, managing resources and supporting strategic decision making in schools.
Designed for business managers, educational support staff and early childhood professionals.
Over 3 months, you are expected to engage in and contribute to:
- pre-workshop activities
- 2 workshop days
- 1 webinar
- school-based tasks
- a School Improvement Project and final report.
By participating in this course, you will:
- develop new skills and understanding through professional readings, collaboration with peers and critical reflection on practice
- assess progress and development against the Leadership for Business Managers’ continuum
- apply new learning through a school-based project, supported by principal/mentor
- develop capabilities to effectively manage school resources (finance, human resources and capital).
The course fees are significantly subsidised by the Department of Education and Training.
Co-contribution: $730 (incl. GST) for each Victorian government school participant.
See Fees and financial support for more information.
03 8199 298