Inspire: Local Leaders
Next IntakeNetwork based
FeesDET Fully Subsidised
Build your school leadership capabilities to make a difference in your school and network, and to succeed as a leader.
The Building Local Leadership initiative is an important part of the Victorian Government’s Education State reforms, helping increase the number of quality leaders for school leadership roles.
The Inspire: Local Leaders program provides high potential leaders with the foundational capabilities required for school leadership. The program develops the knowledge and skills needed to start making a difference in a school and ensures participants are well-trained, well-networked and well-prepared to succeed as a leader.
A blended delivery model enables this highly scalable approach to reach larger audiences.
Designed for teachers who are highly effective in their own classrooms and are ready to take the next step in their professional journey by developing themselves as teacher leaders.
The Inspire program is delivered locally in schools and networks by trained facilitators who have completed the Inspire: Facilitator Training.
Over 7 months you are expected to engage in and contribute to:
- 7 face-to-face workshops (2 x 2.5 hours and 5 x 3 hours)
- 5 online modules on leadership
- applying learning in your classroom or school
- leadership self-assessment diagnostics
- focusing on your personal leadership pathway.
Inspire: Local Leaders program
By participating in this program, you will develop an understanding of:
- a school leader’s role and sphere of influence in regards to lifting student outcomes
- the foundation principles and theory of leadership
- techniques for improved emotional intelligence and how it influences performance, self and leading and working in teams
- how to develop relationships that build staff capacity to improve curriculum, pedagogy and assessment and work effectively with parents and the broader school community
- evidence and data and how they can be used to drive change in teacher practice and student outcomes
- leading change, including managing resistance to change and mobilising resources
- a personal leadership plan including your movement into leadership roles.
Credits for Bastow professional learning
Charles Sturt University offers subject credits for a range of Bastow professional learning, including Inspire: Local Leaders.
Subject credits reduce the time commitment and tuition costs for postgraduate study.
For more information, see Recognition of Bastow professional learning.
Acceptance into Inspire: Local Leaders is dependant on a selection process.
Only apply for the network in which your school is located.
If you are unsure which network your school is in, please see the regional map (edugate login required).