Inspire: Facilitator Training
AudiencePrincipal classSystem leader
Next IntakeNot scheduled
ModeFace to faceOnline
FeesDET Fully Subsidised
The Inspire: Facilitator Training will develop the skills, knowledge and disposition you need to facilitate the Inspire: Local Leaders program.
As an Inspire facilitator, you will extend yourself as a leader, give back to your local school community and play a pivotal role in shaping our future school leaders.
Delivered over 7 months, the Inspire: Local Leaders program is a blended learning design which includes face-to-face workshops, online modules and in-school application. To learn more visit Inspire: Local Leaders.
Inspire facilitators will support a network-based approach to building leadership capabilities and empowering emerging leaders to succeed as teacher leaders.
Designed for principals, assistant principals and senior regional staff.
You are expected to engage in and contribute to:
- 1 day of facilitation skills training to prepare for your first delivery of Inspire: Local Leaders
- 3 online coaching sessions approx 1 hour each
- liaising with your network to promote Inspire: Local Leaders and identify potential participants
- planning with your co-facilitator to identify dates and venues to deliver the program in your network.
By participating in this training, you will develop an understanding of:
- the content and structure of the Inspire: Local Leaders program
- the facilitation skills required in both face-to-face and online environments
- adult learning principles and how to apply them
- how to support learners to work collaboratively and develop lasting relationships with their peers
- assessment techniques and how to give ongoing feedback.
Acceptance into Inspire: Facilitator Training is dependent on a nomination process.
Prospective facilitators will need to complete an expression of interest before it is approved by their Area Executive Director.
Following Area endorsement, successful nominees will be invited to register for a 2020 intake.