Implementing Talent Management
AudienceSystem leaderPrincipal class
ModeFace to faceOnline
FeesDET Fully Subsidised
Research indicates that student outcomes cannot be improved without highly capable leaders. The Talent Management Framework (TMF) provides leadership teams with a rigorous and transparent approach to identify, develop and support high potential leaders.
Developed in consultation with principals, teachers and regional managers, the TMF tools and resources are powerful and easy to use.
'It was a great framework for learning more about our leaders and the roles that may suit them. There were questions I wouldn't typically have had the opportunity or thought to ask, which were really helpful. The whole process is well thought out and logical to use. [The TMF] has helped my school to make decisions on future leadership roles in the school.' – Principal feedback
Module 12 in the Strategic Management for School Leaders suite supports the Department of Education and Training's commitment to the public sector values of integrity, accountability, respect, leadership, impartiality and responsiveness across the organisation.
Designed for principal class members and School Educational Improvement Leaders (SEIL). We encourage principals and SEILs to attend with another member of their leadership team to ensure there is capacity to implement the TMF approach quickly in their school or network.
This module includes a half-day workshop and an online follow-up discussion.
The online discussion is scheduled for 8 weeks after the workshop. It will be an opportunity to discuss how the TMF tools have worked for your school, what conversations you may have had with your leadership team and if any new potential has been realised.
By participating in this module, you will:
- develop a comprehensive understanding of how the TMF works
- understand the value of the TMF approach on your leadership culture, professional capability development and succession planning
- develop the confidence to use the supporting tools and resources in your school or network
- have a clear TMF implementation plan for your school or network (including clarity on who will be involved)
- have established connections with colleagues and a coach to ensure you're supported to successfully implement the TMF.
Fully subsidised for Victorian government school participants.
After completing this module you will have access to online resources and support from a coach.