Impact: Emerging Leaders
Next IntakeTerm 4, 2021
Great school leaders have a significant positive effect on the teaching and learning environment. This program develops, challenges and supports you to build strategies to improve your effectiveness as a school leader now and in the future.
Impact assists you to develop higher levels of proficiency in data-driven decision-making, emotional intelligence, collegial engagement, excellence and equity in student learning, student voice and collaborative change.
You are supported to use these skills to create and implement a project in your school that will make a visible difference to the effectiveness of student learning and to your professional growth.
Designed for teachers who have recently commenced in a formal or informal leadership role in their school.
This program runs over 7 months and involves synchronous and asynchronous learning, including online workshops, asynchronous interactive learning experiences and coaching.
By participating in Impact you will learn to track your leadership development against observable measures of progress; and scope and implement a priority improvement action plan, aligned with your school's improvement priorities.
You will also develop an understanding of how to:
- make decisions informed by research and data
- integrate emotional intelligence into planning and action
- influence colleagues to engage with improvements in practice
- maintain a clear focus on the effectiveness of student learning by supporting excellence and equity
- activate student voice in decision making about teaching and learning
- build collective efficacy as you lead change.
Acceptance into Impact: Emerging Leaders is dependent on a selection process.
Express your interest to be notified when applications open.