Impact: Emerging Leaders
Next IntakeNot scheduled
ModeFace to face
Develop your capabilities as a transformative emerging teacher leader and build practical strategies to improve your effectiveness as a leader.
Great school leaders have a significant effect on student outcomes as their leadership influences the teaching and learning environment. This program develops your capabilities as a transformative emerging teacher leader and enables you to build a repertoire of practical strategies to improve your effectiveness as a school leader now and in the future.
The program assists you to develop higher levels of proficiency in data-driven decision making, emotional intelligence, collegial engagement, excellence and equity in student learning, student voice and collaborative change.
You are supported to use these skills to create and implement a project in your school that will make a visible difference to the effectiveness of student learning and your professional growth.
Participants also have the option to do the Master of Professional Practice (Leadership).
Designed for teachers and leading teachers who have recently accepted school leadership responsibilities, or will do so in the near future.
This program runs over 8 months, is highly interactive and involves a blend of workshops, virtual coaching sessions and access to an online ‘flipped’ classroom.
Participants are expected to engage in and contribute to:
- 7 workshop days
- Bastow307 overview session (via Zoom Video Conferencing)
- a differentiated leadership development profile
- development of a priority improvement project
- collaborative learning activities to support application of strategies back at school
- 5 coaching ‘cluster’ sessions to support implementation of your improvement project
- all online learning aspects of the program
- a shared ‘living toolkit’ including tools and resources.
By participating in this program you learn to track your leadership development against observable measures of progress and scope, and implement a priority improvement action plan, strategically aligned with school improvement priorities.
You will also develop an understanding of how to:
- make decisions informed by research and data
- integrate emotional intelligence into planning and action
- influence colleagues to engage with improvements in practice
- maintain a clear focus on the effectiveness of student learning by supporting excellence and equity
- activate student voice in decision making about teaching and learning
- build collective efficacy as you lead change.
Pathway to Graduate Certificate of Leadership
Participants who complete the program can use material they developed in the program as evidence for one or more Professional Practice credits in the Graduate Certificate of Leadership at Deakin University, which is delivered as a combination of course work and Professional Practice credentialing.
For more information, visit Graduate Certificate of Leadership.
The program fees have been significantly subsidised by the Department of Education and Training.
Co-contribution: $880 (incl. GST) for each Victorian government school participant.
See Fees and financial support for more information.
Acceptance into Impact: Emerging Leaders is dependant on a selection process.
03 8199 2949