Harvard Data Wise Leadership Institute
AudienceSystem leaderPrincipal classLeading teacherTeacher
Next IntakeNot scheduled
ModeFace to face
FeesUS$3 850 per participant
An opportunity for Australian educators to engage with the Harvard Data Wise Improvement Process.
Learn a step-by-step process for engaging in collaborative inquiry and using a range of data sources to improve instruction and student outcomes in your school or system setting.
During an intensive week at Bastow, your team works with Harvard Data Wise certified co-chairs and peers from diverse settings who are similarly committed to learning how to lead collaborative inquiry.
The Data Wise Improvement Process provides a clear, carefully tested blueprint that teachers, school leaders and system leaders can use to examine a wide range of data and catalyse conversations that drive instructional improvement. The Data Wise Leadership Institute prepares you to plan a thoughtful launch of this inquiry process in your own setting.
Designed for school teams and system-level teams of 3 or more people comprising:
- School teams: principal, at least 1 teacher, and 1 or more other educators in leadership roles.
- System-level teams: a manager or principal, and at least 2 others in system-level roles.
The course runs over 5 days. Before the course starts, you are expected to:
- attend an online session
- complete the Data Wise MOOC
- read Meeting Wise: Making the Most of Collaborative Time for Educators and Data Wise: A Step-by-Step Guide to Using Assessment Results to Improve Teaching and Learning.
By participating in this course, you will develop an understanding of how to:
- bring coherence to the core work of school's through the Data Wise Improvement Process
- cultivate the habits of mind that improve team effectiveness and foster a supportive culture of improvement
- practice using a series of inquiry protocols that you can bring back to your school staff
- create a plan for integrating the Data Wise Improvement Process into your daily work.
Visit Harvard Graduate School of Education for more information.
Course fee: US$3 850 per person (teams of 3 or more).
Applications are submitted on an individual basis but are linked to your team.
All applications must be submitted via the Harvard Graduate School of Education website and are subject to Harvard Graduate School of Education refund and withdrawal policies.
Data Learning Leader and Co-Chair
03 8199 2963