Harvard Data Wise Leadership Institute
AudienceSystem leaderPrincipal classLeading teacherTeacher
Next Intake20 - 24 January 2020
ModeFace to face
Engage with the Harvard Data Wise Improvement Process – a step-by-step method for leading collaborative inquiry.
Use a range of data sources to improve instruction and student outcomes in your school or system.
During an intensive week at Bastow, your team will work with certified Harvard Data Wise facilitators and similarly motivated peers from diverse settings.
The Data Wise Improvement Process is a clear, carefully tested blueprint for teachers, school leaders and system leaders. It can be used to examine a wide range of data as the catalyst for conversations that drive instructional improvement. The Harvard Data Wise Leadership Institute prepares you to launch this inquiry process in your own setting.
Designed for school and system-level teams of 3 or more people, comprising:
- school teams: a principal, at least 1 teacher, and 1 or more other educators in leadership roles
- system-level teams: a manager or principal, and at least 2 others in system-level roles.
The course runs over 5 days. Before the course starts, you are expected to:
- attend an online session
- complete the Data Wise MOOC
- read Meeting Wise: Making the Most of Collaborative Time for Educators and Data Wise: A Step-by-Step Guide to Using Assessment Results to Improve Teaching and Learning.
By participating in this course, you will develop an understanding of how to:
- bring coherence to the core work of schools through the Data Wise Improvement Process
- cultivate the habits of mind that enhance team effectiveness and foster a supportive culture of improvement.
You will use these understandings to:
- practise using a series of inquiry protocols that you can bring back to your school
- create a plan for integrating the Data Wise Improvement Process into your daily work.
Visit Harvard Graduate School of Education for more information.
Course fee: US$4,150 per person (teams of 3 or more).
Scholarships: Staff from Victorian government schools that are rural or remote – or with high levels of disadvantage – can apply for one of eight fully funded scholarships to attend the 2020 institute.
To apply for a scholarship:
Applications are submitted on an individual basis but are linked to your team.
All applications must be submitted via the Harvard Graduate School of Education website and are subject to Harvard Graduate School of Education refund and withdrawal policies.
Data Learning Leader and Co-Chair
03 8199 2963