Harvard Data Wise
AudienceTeacherPrincipal classTeacher leader
Next Intake3 February 2021
FeesUS$3,475 per participant
Learn a step-by-step process for using a range of data sources to improve instruction and student outcomes in your school or system.
The Harvard Data Wise Improvement Process provides a clear blueprint that can be used to examine a wide range of data and catalyse conversations that drive instructional improvement. The process has three phases: Prepare, Inquire and Act.
The Data Wise: Using Collaborative Data Enquiry to Build Equitable Schools program supports your team in preparing a thoughtful launch of this inquiry process in your own context. You will learn how to inquire about a focused question around student learning and then act to improve educational excellence and equity.
In previous years the program has been in person at the Bastow Institute of Educational Leadership, however, the 2021 program will be delivered via 10 weekly live virtual workshops. As a team, you will also complete weekly learning activities in your own time.
For more information on the program download the information sheet (PDF - 841KB) or visit the Data Wise: Using Collaborative Data Enquiry to Build Equitable Schools webpage.
The program is designed for school teams of 3 or more, including:
- a principal class member
- at least 1 classroom teacher
- 1 or more teacher leaders.
Preference will be given to teams that include at least 1 curriculum or instruction specialists, such as a literacy or mathematics leader.
The program runs Wednesday 3 February 2021 to Wednesday 14 April 2021.
Virtual workshops are scheduled for:
- 3 February to 10 March between 10.00am and 1.00pm
- 24 March and 31 March between 9.00am and 12.00pm
- 7 April and 14 April between 8.00am and 11.00am
You’ll learn how to:
- articulate how and why equity is central to your school improvement work
- take an equity lens at each step of the Data Wise Improvement Process
- demonstrate a relentless focus on evidence when collaboratively analysing a wide range of data sources, including annual standardised tests, periodic formative assessments, daily class work, and observations of classroom practice
- engage in intentional collaboration by using a Meeting Wise rolling agenda and practicing wise meeting facilitation and participation
- create a plan for integrating the Data Wise Improvement Process and ACE Habits of Mind into the core work of a school.
Course fee: US$3,475 per participant (minimum US$10,425 per school).
Applications are submitted on an individual basis but are linked to your team.
All applications must be submitted via the Harvard Graduate School of Education and are subject to Harvard Graduate School of Education refund and withdrawal policies.
Applications close Monday 7 December. You can complete your application at the Harvard Data Wise webpage.