Evolve: New Principals
Next IntakeNot scheduled
FeesDET Fully Subsidised
This program is designed to help first-time principals transition into their new role and build capacity to be an effective leader in the school community.
Recognising that the principal role can be at once exhilarating and rewarding, as well as demanding and highly complex, Evolve offers personalised and highly contextualised learning, addressing many of the tasks and technical aspects common to the principal role.
Evolve is focused on building courageous and reflective school leaders, acknowledging the diversity of experience, professional learning needs and demands on time among new principals.
The program has been co-designed and is facilitated by Auckland University under the academic direction of Distinguished Professor Viviane Robinson.
Newly appointed, first-time Victorian government school principals.
Over 10 months you are expected to engage in and contribute to:
- 8 hours of individual professional coaching
- 9 face-to-face workshop days, including a 3-day residential
- core learning via webinars, online sessions and peer coaching.
This program is focused on building reflective and courageous school leaders, acknowledging the diversity of experience, professional learning needs and demands on time for new principals.
The program focuses on building technical capabilities, instructional leadership and leading others towards continuous improvement.
You will develop your understanding across 3 key areas:
- Improvement leadership - applying deep knowledge of school context to lead continuous improvement.
- Technical leadership - demonstrating effective technical capability in the day-to-day management of your school.
- People leadership - developing emotional intelligence, personal wellbeing, resilience and the ability to build trust with colleagues and the community.
Credits for Bastow professional learning
Charles Sturt University offers subject credits for a range of Bastow professional learning, including Evolve: New Principals.
Subject credits reduce the time commitment and tuition costs for postgraduate study.
For more information, see Recognition of Bastow professional learning.
Fully subsidised for all newly appointed, first-time Victorian government school principals.