Digital Learning Leaders Institute
AudienceTeacherTeacher leaderPrincipal class
FeesDET Fully Subsidised
Lead your colleagues to innovate their teaching with Microsoft tools and resources.
Educators are adopting digital technologies in their classrooms to innovate the way their students are learning, working together and developing the skills they need to thrive in a society transformed by technology.
The Digital Learning Leaders Institute explores the many Microsoft technologies, training programs and resources that support authentic learning in schools.
You will leave with the knowledge and skills to imbed Microsoft technologies in your school to support student-centred learning.
The Digital Learning Leaders Institute is delivered in partnership with the Department of Education and Training’s industry partner Microsoft Australia. Online sessions are facilitated by Troy Waller, Microsoft Australia’s Learning Delivery Specialist.
At completion you will receive formal certification as a Microsoft Innovative Educator Trainee.
You may also be interested in Microsoft Australia’s seminar Transforming Education with Microsoft.
Designed for Victorian Government school educators who are responsible for leading colleagues to integrate technology in the classroom.
We recommend attending with a school team of 2 or more people comprising:
- teacher leaders, such as e-learning and curriculum leaders
- principal class members.
In two, 6-hour online facilitated sessions you will:
- participate in hands-on activities to discover the many Microsoft technologies and resources
- participate in reflective conversations about innovative teaching with ICT tools
- explore staff-development programs that you can leverage in your school
- unpack the Awareness, Desire, Knowledge, Ability and Reinforcement (ADKAR) Change Management model and its application in a school context
- develop a strategy and plan to move colleagues through the Crawl, Walk, Run framework
- connect learning to the Victorian curriculum and frameworks including FISO and HITS.
When you register for the course you will gain access to the Microsoft Education Centre. It is expected that you will complete 3 pre-work online learning activities before attending the facilitated sessions. You will need approximately 3 hours to complete the pre-work.
You’ll learn how to:
- inspire your colleagues and leaders to use technology to create equitable and ongoing access to high-quality learning
- identify ways to improve your coaching practice
- establish productive relationships with colleagues in order to improve instructional practice and learning outcomes
- model and support your colleagues to design learning experiences and environments to meet the needs and interests of all students
- plan, provide and evaluate the impact of professional learning for your colleagues and leaders to use technology to advance teaching and learning.