Design for Deepening Learning
Next IntakeNot scheduled
FeesDET Fully Subsidised
Develop your knowledge of exemplary teaching practice and build collaborative expertise through professional networks.
These workshops are structured to help you design learning using the Victorian Curriculum Frameworks combined with: learning partnerships, learning environments, pedagogical practices and leveraging digital to activate deep learning in schools.
Through a Communities of Practice approach, you will have opportunities to:
- develop a shared understanding of what deep learning is, how it looks in the classroom and how it can improve student outcomes
- learn to design learning experiences and assessment tasks that move your students from surface to deep learning
- foster relationships and networks outside of your school
- reflect on your own practice.
This is part of our learning specialist suite designed to support newly appointed learning specialists to excel in their role.
Designed for learning specialists.
Over 5 months, you are expected to engage in and contribute to:
- 2 workshop days
- 2 virtual meetings
- 1 school visit (optional)
- in-school investigations, evidence gathering and context analysis
- ongoing professional discussions and learning with your colleagues in Communities of Practice.
By participating in these workshops, you will:
- develop a shared language and understanding of what deep learning is and how it looks in the classroom
- be able to purposefully incorporate new and proven pedagogies that will help to build deep learning capabilities in learners
- develop and foster professional relationships outside of your school environment
- gain a foundational understanding of how to engage your school leadership team to influence positive changes in classroom practice across your school.
Fully subsidised for appointed learning specialists in Victorian government schools.
03 8199 2928