Next IntakeNot scheduled
FeesDET Fully Subsidised
Develop a deep conceptual knowledge of assessment and how to engage with data and evidence to inform and drive improvement in teaching and learning.
This elective will build your understanding of how to inform and act for school improvement by using appropriate data and assessment tools, methods and practices.
This is one of 6 electives in our learning specialist suite designed to support newly appointed learning specialists to excel in their role.
Designed for learning specialists.
Over 1 month, you are expected to actively engage in and contribute to:
- 2 workshop days
- in-school investigations, evidence gathering and context analysis
- ongoing professional discussions and learning with your colleagues and leaders
- online learning including discussions, collaboration and sharing of resources with members of your learning community.
By participating in this elective, you will develop an understanding of:
- summative and formative data and appropriate tools
- how to use data to inform future teaching and learning
- assessment strategies and how to use these to diagnose learning needs and comply with curriculum requirements
- how to support colleagues to collect, analyse, and communicate cohort data to improve teaching and track student growth
- how to facilitate the analysis of student learning data involving collaborative interpretation of results, and applying findings to improve teaching and learning for students and teachers.
Fully subsidised for appointed learning specialists in Victorian government schools.
03 8199 2933