At Bastow, our vision is to create powerful leadership learning across all levels of the education system so that Victoria becomes the best education system in the world. Bastow’s career stage programs are designed to develop and expand your capability and capacity as an educational leader, whether in anticipation of a first official leadership appointment, to consolidate skills as a senior school leader or a move into principalship.
The suite consists of the following programs, each focused on building the adaptive expertise, leadership dispositions and professional practices you need to improve student learning and wellbeing. For further information on each program, click on the respective link:
- Inspire: Local Leaders - for teachers with up to 5 years of teaching experience who are interested in developing as leaders
- Impact: Emerging Leaders - for teachers who have recently commenced in a formal or informal leadership role in their school
- Create: Middle Leaders - for middle leaders, including teacher leaders, learning specialists, literacy and numeracy leaders and curriculum coordinators
- Unlocking Potential: Aspiring Principals - for aspiring principals working towards their first principal appointment
- Connect: Assistant Principals - for assistant principals
- Evolve: New Principals - for newly appointed first-time principals.
These programs provide a continuum of leadership development that supports your career progression. Bastow-commissioned research from 2019 shows that Bastow leadership program graduates are four to five times more likely to be promoted to the next leadership level within four years.