Next IntakeMultiple intakes
DurationRecordings 15–30 minutes. Webinars 1 hour.
FeesDET Fully Subsidised
A series of recordings and webinars focusing on strategies and approaches schools have used while transitioning their Foundation – Year 2 classrooms online.
Best practice is achievable no matter the setting. As each class has its own particular needs, this series has been designed so you can self-direct your learning based on your own experiences and requirements.
Recordings will focus on 6 key areas, including:
- Working virtually with students in the early years
- Unpacking a student’s point of need
- Assessing our EAL students on the continuum
- Phonemic awareness and phonics
- Modelled and independent reading in an online environment
- Working as a Community of Practice around F-2 reading
This professional learning has been designed and delivered by highly experienced teachers with practical expertise in classrooms and at the network level.
Designed for teacher leaders and teachers of Foundation to Year 2 wanting to deliver purposeful lessons in reading.
Identify what new skills and approaches you can take back to the face-to-face classroom. The recordings and webinars have been designed to stand alone but can be used as a suite to build your knowledge.
For each of the 6 key areas you can access:
- a digestible recording that presents ideas to trial in your classroom, and additional resources to explore
- an optional 1-hour webinar to further unpack the ideas examined in the recording, as well as the opportunity to collaborate and learn from your peers in real time.
Note: The webinar options listed under each topic cover the same content – register only for the date that suits you best.
Working virtually with students in the early years
Explore the various approaches and platforms being used by schools to facilitate learning while engaging and supporting early learners.
Unpacking a student’s point of need
Examine how you can identify the next point of learning for your students, with a focus on identifying what you know and what you need to find out. You will explore how to establish achievable learning goals and how to monitor progress.
Assessing our EAL students on the continuum
Unpack how you can work in a professional learning community to identify a student’s learning on the EAL developmental continuum.
- Webinar: Wednesday 10 June, 4.00pm - 5.00pm | Register now
Phonemic awareness and phonics
Consider how your school approaches phonics instruction by examining the approaches that some schools implemented in the remote learning environment.
- Webinar: Wednesday 3 June, 4.00pm - 5.00pm | Register now
- Webinar: Thursday 11 June, 4.00pm - 5.00pm | Register now
Modelled and independent reading in an online environment
Explore the various approaches and platforms used by schools to facilitate reading lessons with emergent readers.
- Webinar: Thursday 4 June, 4.00pm - 5.00pm | Register now
- Webinar: Tuesday 16 June, 4.00pm - 5.00pm | Register now
Working as a Community of Practice around F-2 reading
Investigate the Communities of Practice approach and the value it can add within your own and across other schools.
- Webinar: Tuesday 9 June, 4.00pm - 5.00pm | Register now
- Webinar: Thursday 18 June, 4.00pm - 5.00pm | Register now