Learning from Home with G Suite
AudienceTeacherTeacher leaderPrincipal classTeam
Next IntakeMultiple webinars
Duration1 hour 15 minutes
FeesDET Fully Subsidised
Google for Education is a collection of webinars designed to equip you with the skills to use G Suite by Google. G Suite comprises a range of Google education tools.
Each webinar focuses on best practice and how you can use these tools for remote learning.
The webinars are facilitated by Google Education, and supported by staff in the Department’s Curriculum and Assessment Branch, including its Digital Learning Services Unit.
Designed for teachers, teacher leaders and principal class members who are looking for support in using Google’s education tools for remote learning.
The 11 individual webinars include:
- Overview of Google’s Tools for Distance Learning | Thursday 16 April
- Google Classroom as Your Virtual Learning Commons Part 1: Getting Started | Monday 20 April
- The Basics of Drive, Docs, Slides and Sheets to Get You Up and Running | Wednesday 22 April
- Google Classroom as Your Virtual Learning Commons Part 1: Getting Started | Tuesday 28 April
- Google Classroom as Your Virtual Learning Commons Part 2: Diving Deep | Wednesday 29 April
- Taking Your Distance Learning to the Next Level with Classroom, Meets and Chrome | Wednesday 6 May
- Designing Online Assessment with Google | Tuesday 12 May
- Create and Share Screencasts with Screencastify and Google Drive | Wednesday 20 May
- Beyond the Physical Walls – Exploring the World with Google Tools |Thursday 28 May
- Designing Online Assessment with Google | Wednesday 2 June
- Beyond the Physical Walls – Exploring the World of Google Tools | Wednesday 10 June
All webinars will be facilitated live from 3.45pm – 5.00pm. Webinars will also be recorded and made available for self-paced learning options.
You’ll learn how to:
- use Google education tools to organise your remote classroom and engage your students
- set up Google Classroom to support students who are learning from home
- get the most out of Google G Suite for education.