The Adolescent Learner
Next IntakeOn demand
FeesDET Fully Subsidised
This interactive, self-paced resource explores how the adolescent learner absorbs information.
You will unpack the conditions, environments and context that optimise adolescent learning, acquisition and comprehension.
Leave with a better understanding of why it's important to understand how adolescents learn and acquire information to ensure effective teaching and learning.
This resource has been developed and designed by the Department of Education and Training’s Middle Years Literacy and Numeracy Support (MYLNS).
Designed for secondary school teachers.
Over 20–30 minutes you will focus on the following:
- decoding the adolescent brain
- developmental aspects of adolescent learners
- factors that may prevent students from progressing in their learning
- supports that link students to engagement, wellbeing and achievement
- collaboration and practice
- how you can share your insights and learnings
- next steps in your learning journey.
- how to better engage with adolescent learners
- the implications of the adolescent brain on teaching and learning effectiveness
- the importance of creating effective learning environments for adolescents.