Leadership is complex and multifaceted, and being a good leader can be challenging. So why do we do it?
On the 27th March, the Bastow Institute of Educational Leadership will be launching a social media campaign to prompt discussion on why you lead and what leadership means to you. The campaign will encourage education and early childhood leaders to engage with their peers to provoke, inspire and collaborate.
As part of this campaign we are asking leaders from across the education and early childhood sectors to submit a short 30 second clip answering the question ‘Why lead?’. The videos will be shared across Bastow’s social media platforms, such as Twitter and Facebook, and will pull together diverse ideas about leadership and why it matters.
All participants will also be in the running to win passes to a Bastow Twilight seminar or a professional practice series workshop.How you can join in:
- Think about why you lead, why you think good leadership is important and how being a leader has changed you.
- Take a short 30 second video of yourself answering the question ‘Why Lead?’ on your smart phone, your ipad or any other device that has video capabilities.
- Upload your video to your twitter and Facebook with the handle #Bastow #WhyLead or send your video to Bastow at: email@example.com
- Share your video with your colleagues and encourage them to do the same
- How to sign up to Twitter: http://support.twitter.com/articles/100990-signing-up-with-twitter#
- How to sign up to Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/help/188157731232424
- How to subscribe to Bastow’s Youtube channel: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2431137?hl=en
- Follow Bastow’s blog: https://authoring.bastow.vic.edu.au/
It is important to note that your videos may be used in the promotion of this campaign and of Bastow. By sending your video to Bastow you are consenting to its use on Bastow’s social media channels and in promotional materials.
If you need any assistance, either with your device or signing up to twitter, please feel free to email on firstname.lastname@example.org