Leadership is complex and multifaceted, and being a good leader can be challenging. So why do we do it?
will be launching the Why Lead? #whylead social media campaign. The campaign will encourage education and early childhood leaders to engage with their peers to provoke, inspire and collaborate.
As part of this campaign we are asking leaders from across the education and early childhood sectors to submit a short 30-60 second video clip answering the question: ‘Why lead?’ - Why do you lead and what does leadership means to you?
The videos will be shared across Bastow’s social media platforms, such as Twitter, Facebook and YouTube, and will pull together diverse ideas about leadership and why it matters.
You can also participate by following and tweeting us on Twitter @BastowInstitute
and by using the hashtag #whylead, or by liking us and posting on our Facebook
page to share your thoughts on leadership or share any great resources and links to the community.
Coralee Pratt, Principal of Camberwell South Primary School answers the question: Why lead?
All participants will be in the running to win passes to a Bastow Twilight seminar, Horizon Forum or a Professional Practice series workshop. These events are held throughout the year and are led by innovative thinkers, leading academics and expert practitioners that provide a range of educational leadership development experiences and networking opportunities. Current events are listed here: www.bastow.vic.edu.au/professional-practice-and-eventsHow you can join in:
- Think about why you lead, why you think good leadership is important and how being a leader has changed you.
- Take a short 30-60 second video of yourself answering the question ‘Why Lead?’ on your smart phone, your iPad or any other device that has video capabilities.
- Upload your video to your Twitter and Facebook with the handle #Bastow #WhyLead or send your video to Bastow at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Share with us your thoughts on leadership or any resources and links through our Twitter @BastowInstitute and Facebook spaces.
- Share your video with your colleagues and encourage them to do the same.
- How to sign up to Twitter: http://support.twitter.com/articles/100990-signing-up-with-twitter#
- How to sign up to Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/help/188157731232424
- How to subscribe to Bastow’s Youtube channel: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2431137?hl=en
- Follow Bastow’s blog: https://authoring.bastow.vic.edu.au/
It is important to note that your videos may be used in the promotion of this campaign and of Bastow. By sending your video to Bastow you are consenting to its use on Bastow’s social media channels and in promotional materials.
If you need any assistance, either with your device or signing up to twitter, please feel free to email on email@example.com